What is a Baby Dedication?
As Christian parents, you have been blessed with the responsibility of raising your child in the ways of our Lord. Dedicating your child is making a promise to God and a public commitment to do everything within your power to raise them in a godly way until he or she can make that decision on their own to follow God. Here at Calvary Chapel Coastlands we believe that building this solid foundation early in your child’s life is of the utmost importance along with training the child in God’s Word, demonstrating an example of godliness and disciplining them according to God’s ways. Deuteronomy 6:4-7
Prior to setting a date for your baby/child’s dedication, you will need to complete the following:
- The devotional called “You and your Baby’s Dedication” click here Page 1 Page 2
- The personal information form –click here
- When you have completed the devotional, please call the church office to schedule an appointment with a Pastor – Calvary Chapel Coastlands Church Office phone number is 732.544.2225
- When this portion is completed a date may be confirmed
- Please bring the baby dedication packet with you to the appointment
Please note: Here at Calvary Chapel Coastlands we require that baby dedications are limited to children who are 5 years old or younger. In addition, we find that not only is this a time for your baby to be dedicated but a time for you, the parent, to be dedicated to make the commitment to raising your child in the way of the Lord. Therefore, any parent dedicating their child needs to have a personal relationship with our Lord.
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. – Deuteronomy 6:4-7